For #StayAtHome families, local institutions are offering free online virtual tours and presentations.
- The New England Aquarium is offering a free virtual presentation every day on Facebook at 11AM — as well as online recordings of all previous presentations. These include lectures by National Geographic photographer and Aquarium Explorer-in Residence Brian Skerry every Friday at 11AM.
- Boston’s Museum of Science offers #MOSatHome, with daily interactive sessions, videos, podcasts, family STEM activities, virtual town halls, and more.
- The Ecotarium is offering a free virtual tour of its museum and free online resources.
- The Massachusetts Audubon Society offers free online videos and other resources.
- Harvard Museum of Natural History has online lecture videos, online exhibits about naming species and evolution on islands, as well as many other online exhibitions.
- Harvard’s Collection of Historical Scientific Instruments offers lecture videos, a video introduction and Waywiser to allow online visitors to explore its objects and record.
- Harvard Museums of Science and Culture offer these lecture videos.
- Blue Hill Observatory & Science Center offers online weather webinars for everyone ages 6+ (and additional webinars for younger kids will be offered if there’s sufficient interest). Click on these links to join the online meetings at the appropriate time: