Empow Studios STEM Enrichment Center in Newton has opened registration for:
- Summer AR/VR Camp: Summer camps focused on virtual reality and augmented reality for ages 12-17, in two-week sessions: July 22-August 2 and August 19-30.
- STEM After School Club: For the 2019-20 school year, the new curriculum includes Augmented & Virtual Reality, teaching math through technology, a new electronics track, and a bigger focus on collaboration and group projects.
iCode will open its STEAM programs in its Wellesley location (73 Central Street) starting in June. These will include after-school programs and summer programs in Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Drones, Digital Arts, 3D printing, Game Design and Development, Mobile App Development, and Electronics. For more information, or to enroll in summer programs, contact the Campus Director, Pam Peck, at 781-291-3131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Makers’ Corner for Grades 6-8, located at Underwood School, has announced February Vacation activities, for which students may sign up by individual days: Woodworking (February 19), glassblowing (February 20), and making a mock newscast at NewTV (February 21). In addition, the Makers’ Corner has announced Early Spring Clubs starting in the first week of March.
Boston Tech Mom (“a parent’s guide to raising a future techie”) has published a very useful, comprehensive list of Math Programs for Kids in Massachusetts — for both year-round and summer.
Newton Community Education will offer STEM courses for kids of all ages this winter. Register now at newtoncommunityed.org or call 617-559-6999.
Registration is now open for new courses at the Makers’ Corner for Grades 6-8, located at Underwood School. All meet 2:45-4:15 except Tuesday clubs start at 2PM.
- Intro to Hands-On Electronics: Mondays, January 7-February 11
- Make Your Own Comic Book (Print or Digital): Wednesdays, January 9-February 13
- Survey of Printmaking: Fridays, January 4-February 8
- Sewing Stuffed Animals: Tuesdays, March 5-April 9
- Scene Shop: Props, Costumes, & Sets: Thursdays, March 7-May 9 (includes final show)
- Build Your Own Infinity Light Table: Fridays, March 1-April 5