Sign up for Email Newsletter(Not more often than weekly)
Follow us on Twitter
Contact NewtonSTEMEmail: email@example.com Phone: 1-781-462-1786
Author Archives: newtonstem
- Horace Mann Science Night
- Registration Opens Feb. 4 for BU’s U-Design Summer STEM for Middle Schoolers
- Overnights at the Ecotarium: Girls on Mar. 5, Boys on Mar. 25
- Northeastern University: Women in Engineering Event for High-School Students, Feb. 20
- BostonTechMom: Tech Events for Kids in Boston in February
- ‘STEAM Ahead’ Storytime for Ages 3-5 on Feb. 4
- CodeCampKidz for Grades 6-7 at Newton Library, Feb. 3, 10, 24
- Russian Math for Ages 4-5 Returns to Newton Free Library: 12 Sessions Starting Feb. 3
- Two Different Conferences in Marine Science for High-School Students and Teachers, Mar. 4 and Mar. 9 & 16
- Tufts Online K-12 Engineering Education for Teachers
Horace Mann Elementary School held its 8th annual Science Night last Friday. These kids get it! It’s a blast to hear them explain what they have learned.
Boston University offers several U-Design summer STEM workshops for students in Grades 6-9 at the BU College of Engineering in two separate sessions (8:30AM-4PM): July 11-15 and July 18-22. Here’s info on last summer’s workshops, which included Electrical and Mechanical … Continue reading
The Ecotarium in Worcester is hosting two overnights (7PM-8AM) in March, one for girls and one for boys, with a minimum of 28 participants each. Others will take place in May. These events are aimed at Girl Scouts and Boy … Continue reading
As part of Discover Engineers Week, the Northeastern University chapter of the Society of Women Engineers will hold a free career event — Cool Women / Hot Careers — on February 20, 9:30AM-3PM for high-school students and their parents, as … Continue reading
BostonTechMom again provides a monthly listing of technology-related events for kids in the Boston area.
The Newton Free Library will offer a STEAM Ahead storytime for ages 3-5 at 4PM on February 4. Space is limited, and free tickets will be available at the Children’s Desk 30 minutes before the program.
CodeCampKidz is offering a free, three-session introduction to coding for students in Grades 6-7 at the Newton Free Library at 4:30PM on February 3, 10, and 24. Register online for all three classes together.
The Russian School of Math is again offering a fun introduction to math concepts for children ages 4-5, repeating a program offered last fall. It will be held at noon on 12 Wednesdays, February 3 through May 4 (except February … Continue reading
Two Different Conferences in Marine Science for High-School Students and Teachers, Mar. 4 and Mar. 9 & 16
A free conference for high-school students, Oceanic Exploration and Career Opportunities in the Marine Sciences, will be held 9AM-Noon on March 4 at the Double Tree Hotel and Conference Center in Danvers. Teachers should register themselves and students by February … Continue reading
Tuft’s Online K-12 Engineering Education (OKEE) is an online, 18-month, graduate-level certificate program for teachers to learn engineering content and innovative teaching practices. Virtual Open House webinars will be held February 5 and 17. Applications for next fall are … Continue reading