In addition to last week’s post, Online Resources for STEM-Related Exploration at Home, here are some more:
- Boston Tech Mom has published an extensive list of online learning activities for kids.
- The Newton Free Library has compiled a list of online resources including this extensive list of STEM resources.
- PBS Kids has started a free weekday newsletter for parents to share activities and tips for keeping kids playing and learning at home.
- The Winchester HS STEM Education Club has created a website of more than 30 (and growing) at-home, hands-on STEAM activities for elementary students based on curricula the club originally developed for classrooms. Each lesson has an age range, description, and learning objective and includes materials, worksheets, activities, and relevant website links. The club was formed in 2018 by Winchester HS girls and their district STEM coordinator. The curricula are developed based on interviews of HS students about what they found most memorable, effective, and entertaining from their own elementary education.
- Tufts CEEO Design and Engineering Workshops is posting design challenges on its Facebook page.