Boston College will hold BC Splash on Sunday, November 3, 10AM-4PM. Splash is a one-day, student-run program in which undergraduates and graduate students teach mini-courses for students in Grades 7-12. There will be a parallel Parent Program about admissions and financial aid, sample splash classes, student panels, and campus tours There’s a $5 fee for the day, which includes a pizza lunch. Registration is required and is first-come/first-served. A signed liability waiver is also required. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 617-297-7524. STEM-related classes in the course catalog include:
- Talking to Aliens
- Neuroscience of Social and Emotional Memory
- What is Forensic Science?
- Intro to Advanced Physics
- Intro to Marine Science: How the Ocean Moves & Ocean Pollution
- The Chemistry of Lava Lamps
- Neuroscience and Positive Psychology: Implications for Mental Health
- Science of the Sleeping Brain
BC Splash sent this notice:
Payment of the $5.00 registration fee is a separate process from class registration. Unfortunately due to technical difficulties, access to payment is currently unavailable. This situation will not hinder the ability to sign up for classes. When it becomes available, the steps for payment will be sent to registered students and their guardians. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.